Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing #17

AUGHHH!!! I was beating my head against the monitor while working with Rollyo. The concept is great. The system is great . . . when it works. Getting it to work the right way was a nightmare. I had to enter my bird websites 8 different times before it registered the information correctly. The first time, it suddenly switched my identity to somebody else's. It was very, very strange. Either some kinks need to be worked out of their system or some kinks need to be worked out of my brain.

I never was able to drag their link to my bookmark bar. I also wasn't able to get Firefox to download correctly. I wasn't even able to get the L2P player's video to play. Sigh!

HOWEVER . . . I did create a customized search. Here it is, minus the sweat and tears:

Bird Facts - a great search tool for finding facts about birds!

P.S. I never was able to figure out how to get Rollyo to not include a whole web search after it searched through the 5 websites I submitted. I'd be much more likely to use this with kids if I could avoid a whole web search.

No comments:

Post a Comment