Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #21

This past spring, my class made vodcasts of stories they wrote. Here's a sample. This was made with Windows Movie Maker, then uploaded to TeacherTube (so the size could be reduced), then downloaded back down to be put into the class wiki. (Then uploaded to this blog!)


The kids got the hang of it quickly and enjoyed doing it. The time-consuming part for me was scanning the pages of 21 student books and then processing 21 vodcasts through TeacherTube. Needless to say, this wasn't something we did on a regular basis. Photos are much easier to download than scanned papers. Maybe next year, we'll put vodcasts on a blog instead. Blogs seem to hold bigger files.

Here is a video I just made to show how some of the ideas from this Library2Play program can be used with the younger children.


2 comments:

  1. You zipped through your 23 things so fast, not many people had a chance to comment on all your good work. I loved your video above that showcased the many Web 2.0 products that students can use. It's a nice summary piece that I bet Vaughn and Dr. B will want to refer to in future classes! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Millie! To tell you the truth, I was a little sad to see my blog moved down to the graduate list, because I thought it would mean an end to helpful and positive comments. Glad I was wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete