Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing #22

So that's what Nings are! I've heard some of my computer-savvy friends use the term, but was always too embarrassed to ask . . .

I thought learning to locate and follow edublogs (Thing #9) was great, but this might be even better! When I was looking through Education Ning, I found Classroom 2.0 Ning and . . . drum roll please . . . Elementary School 2.0! Elementary School 2.0's written purpose is as follows:

"Since elementary teachers have special circumstances to deal with concerning the use of technology, I thought we could meet here to talk and to share ideas for 2.0 integration."

Now I'm in seventh heaven! Elementary School Teacher Ning-ers from all over the world are asking some of the same questions I ask! What a great resource pool! One teacher from Alaska was asking for e-Pals from another state; a long-term discussion is taking place about using iTouches in the classroom (which we will be trying out with second graders this coming school year); another teacher was asking for science data from classes around the world to be sent to her blog; etc. I requested a membership. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up some more good tips before school starts in August.

It looks like the Classroom 2.0 Ning also posts videos, live monthly webinars, and workshop information. I found it easy to navigate and conduct searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment